Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Second Visit To The Quezon Memorial Circle

The first time I visited the Quezon Memorial Circle was in the 90s when we had a project that is related to public parks. I remember back then that the Quezon Memorial Circle was gloomy and full of sidewalk vendors.

  IMG_8252

Last week, I visited the Quezon Memorial Circle for the 2nd time and I was amazed at how it was alive with people and that the place was totally renovated to be a premier public park. It rivals Rizal Park in terms of visitors.

I must say that Mayor Herbert Bautista did a magnificent job in maintaining the park. I hope I could take a night shot of this amazing place soon. If you’re living in Metro Manila and haven’t visited this place yet, you’re definitely missing a lot.

Our National Parks, including the Quezon Memorial Circle, are definitely worth visiting. I’ll be posting pictures of a nearby park soon – the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center.

IMG_8248IMG_8249IMG_8250IMG_8251IMG_8260IMG_8268

The height of the Quezon Memorial Monument is 66 meters – it’s the age when former President Manuel L. Quezon died

IMG_8272IMG_8276IMG_8278

Gorgeous Filipino guys in a native costume complete with salakot (hat).

IMG_8281

High School students competing in a folk-dance competition held at the Quezon Memorial Circle last October 13, 2012

IMG_8287IMG_8288IMG_8296IMG_8297IMG_8298

There are a lot of famous restaurants and fast-food inside the Quezon Memorial Circle

IMG_8304IMG_8307

The underpass connecting the Quezon Memorial Circle with the Quezon City Hall is very clean

IMG_8308IMG_8313

The Quezon City Hall is just across the Elliptical Road from The Quezon Memorial Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment